Registration is done via the self help/online system from 8 January until 2 March 2018. The system is accessible in the University Computer LANs and off-campus. You don’t have to stand in long queues.
If you choose to register on campus during the main registration period (29 January to 2 February), or need academic advice/counselling, check your allocated registration time in the information package. Please note that the schedule according to allocated times will be strictly adhered to. Refer to the relevant college landing page for specific detailed information by visiting www.ukzn.ac.za .
- The University is no longer accepting large cash payments on any of the campuses. The maximum amount of cash accepted at the cashiers is R500.00. Be safe, don’t travel with cash.
- Please pay online or at a bank. Ideally, this should be done at least three days before registration.
- You can use your credit or debit card to pay your fees via Click-to-Pay at www.ukzn.ac.za. Clearance will be on the same day.
- Beat the queue by paying at the bank (and sending us proof by 4pm) and then register online the next day.
- Please note that it takes 2-3 days to clear EFT and payment made at another bank. However, you can email your proof of payment by 4pm to one of the emails below for clearance overnight: Medschfees@ukzn.ac.za, or Westvillefees@ukzn.ac.za Howardfees@ukzn.ac.za or Edgewoodfees@ukzn.ac.za or Pmbfees@ukzn.ac.za
- Check your outstanding fee balance by phoning 031 260 3699 or go to www.ukzn.ac.za.
- If you have a fee query, call 031 260 3699
- STUDENT CARDS AND PARKING PERMITS
Student cards will automatically be activated overnight once you have registered. You can use your 2017 student card until 2 March 2018 but it must be updated thereafter at the ID card office located on your campus. Student cards and parking permits will only be required for access (apart for residence students) from 3 March 2018.
To apply for a parking permit, click on https://rms.ukzn.ac.za/traffic/ParkingPermitstudent
- IMPORTANT DATES
|8 January 2018||Self-help/online registration starts (Programme specific)|
|29 January to 2 February 2018
|On campus registration (for students with negative term decisions)|
|5 February 2018||1st semester lectures commence|
|2 March 2018||Final date for registration and payment of all fees required for 1st semester registration|
|2 March 2018||Final date for submitting curriculum changes|
For detailed information on registration processes, visit ukzn.ac.za.dedi573.jnb3.host-h.net/registration, then click on the college you will be registering in.
We trust that you will have hassle-free registration process in 2018. If you have any queries or need help, be on the lookout for staff on duty who will gladly help you.
Issued by Office of the Registrar