Welcome to the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN). You have made an excellent choice because UKZN is ranked in the top 500 of the world’s leading academic institutions according to the Academic Rankings of World Universities.
- PARENTS’ DAY AND ORIENTATION OF STUDENTS
There will be a Parents’ Day on 27 January and orientation of students will take place from 29 January to 2 February 2018. During this time you will be informed about the University, it’s structures, important services available to you as a student and how to access those services. Please find details about orientation 2018 on the University website. Visit: www.ukzn.ac.za
- Registration is done online and will take place from 8 January to 2 February. You will be given more information about registration during orientation time.
- Please check the information in your Application Acceptance Pack for your registration times, venues and the specific campus.
- If you know the modules you would like to register for, you can use self-help/online registration to capture your modules directly onto the system. However, we recommend that you come to orientation for advice and help.
The University does not accept large cash payments on any of our campuses. The maximum amount of cash accepted at the cashiers on campus is R500.00. Be safe, don’t travel with cash. Please pay online or at a bank. Ideally, this should be done at least three days before registration.
- If you pay at a Standard bank you will be cleared to register
- You can use your credit/debit card to pay your fees via Click-to-Pay at www.ukzn.ac.za . Clearance will be on the same day.
- Please note that it takes 2-3 days to clear EFT and payment made at another bank. However, you can email your proof of payment by 4pm to one of the emails addresses below for clearance overnight. Medschfees@ukzn.ac.za, or Westvillefees@ukzn.ac.za Howardfees@ukzn.ac.za or Edgewoodfees@ukzn.ac.za or Pmbfees@ukzn.ac.za
- Remember: Pay at Standard Bank today, register tomorrow. If you have a query, call 031 260 3699
- STUDENT CARDS AND PARKING PERMITS
- Access to campus is by student card. You must apply for your student card during the registration/orientation period at the ID card office located on your campus.
- If you intend to bring a car to campus, you must apply for a parking permit by clicking on:
- Use of laptops
The University has adopted an on-line learning management system and students must have laptops. Fortunately UKZN has negotiated affordable deals on laptops for students through the Student Technology Programme (STP). For more information consult https://www.stp.ac.za. Funding will be provided for new students who are funded by NSFAS to purchase a laptop.
- IMPORTANT DATES
|8 January 2018||Self-help/online registration starts (programme specific)|
|29 January to 2 February||Orientation of Students|
|29 January to 2 February
|On campus registration of students|
|5 February 2018||1st semester lectures commence|
|2 March 2018||Final date for submitting curriculum changes|
|2 March 2018||Final date for registration and payment of all fees required for 1st semester registration|
For detailed information on the orientation and registration processes, visit www.ukzn.ac.za, then click on the college you will be registering in. We trust that you will have hassle-free registration process in 2018. If you have any queries or need help, be on the lookout for staff on duty who will gladly help you.
Issued by Office of the Registrar