COMMUNIQUÉ FROM THE OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
DIGITAL CERTIFICATES WEB – eCertificates and eAcademic Transcripts, and
INFORMATION ON THE COLLECTION/POSTAGE BOOKING SYSTEM
for hard copy certificates
NOTICE TO OUR AUTUMN 2023 GRADUATES
Dear Graduates, Staff and Students
Congratulations on your achievement. We take great pride in the completion of your studies, despite all the trials and tribulations of the COVID-19 pandemic and the complexities of the preceding academic years.
- THE DIGITAL CERTIFICATES WEB
We are pleased to inform you that the Digital Certificates Web is now live.
Every graduate will receive an email from UKZN advising them to access their digital documents. If you registered prior to receiving notification then your registration will remain ‘awaiting approval’. Graduates who are yet to receive their email, may access the system using Google Chrome on https://e-certification.ukzn.ac.za Please see user guides attached.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDANCE NOTES:
- Please open the website https://e-certification.ukzn.ac.za via Google Chrome.
- Please ensure that you do not leave any space before and after your email address (personal email address to be used) when trying to register (so don’t copy and paste it for example. Type your email address into the space provided, without any spaces).
- Once registered, you will receive an email asking you to click a link to confirm. THIS STEP MUST BE DONE, otherwise your registration won’t be confirmed.
If you receive a message that says ‘user account approval needed’, please try and log in again a short while later. Your registration will remain pending if you register incorrectly i.e. if you do not type in your full names as per your identification document as required; or leave spaces after your student number for example.
- Once registered, you can log in and view your eCertificate as well as your eAcademic Record, and are provided with remote access to view and share your digital documents with third party(s).
- E-Certificates and e-Transcripts are not available to print or download for security reasons.
HELP LINE / QUERIES
Queries (with the exception of fees queries) to be directed to eCertificationadmin@ukzn.ac.za Please remember to include your student number in the subject line and body of the email, and clearly state the issue you are having. Please do not send repeated emails, and do not use any other email address for your query.
SHARING YOUR DOCUMENTS WITH THIRD PARTIES (Employers, family members etc.)
The link https://verification.ukzn.ac.za provides access to a third party to view and verify eCertificates. Please see the User guide attached.
Your certificate can be shared with up to three contacts (and you can add and remove contacts over time). A built-in safety feature is that when you withdraw a contact’s right to view your e-certificate, they no longer have access to it.
The link https://verify.ukzn.ac.za is the QR code verification site.
IF YOUR CERTIFICATE DOESN’T SHOW –
- YOU MAY HAVE FEES OUTSTANDING
All graduates that have fees outstanding will not be able to view their eCertificate.
Your Degree/Diploma eCertificate WILL BE WITHHELD as a result of your indebtedness to the University in respect of outstanding fees, and/or library fines/books.
Please note that once you have cleared your outstanding debt and upon emailing the Fees Office on your Campus (details below) with your proof of payment, your eCertificate will thereafter be published on the Digital Certificate Web. You will receive an email once it has been published.
If your certificate isn’t showing, but you believe you do not owe fees, you still need to direct your query to the fees office on the relevant campus (see fees office details below). Please DO NOT SEND these types of queries to the help line / queries email address. Student fees needs to assist you first. The certification admin team are not able to assist with fee queries and clearance.
Electronic fee payments and deposits can be made to the following bank account:
Bank: Standard Bank
Account No.: 05 308 1072
Branch: 04 54 26
Reference No.: Student Number (Mandatory)
Please contact the Student Fees Office on your Campus on the email addresses listed below if you have any queries regarding the above, send proof of payment, or if you have already met your financial obligations to the University. Remember to include your student number in the subject line of the email you send to the fees office.
Medical School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bursary and Loan queries should be directed to the Student Funding Office.
- YOU MAY HAVE LIBRARY FINES OR BOOKS OUTSTANDING
All graduates that have library fines/books outstanding will not be able to view their eCertificate
Electronic payments and deposits can be made to the following bank account:
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch Code: 045 426
Account Number: 053 080 998
Reference numbers should be used for payment. They must reflect on your proof of payment:
Reference for library Fines: 2064 – 11857
Reference for ILL fines: 5251 – 30352
Reference for lost books and Admin Fee: 2076 – 30354
Proof of payment to be emailed to the relevant library contact person below:
Howard Library: Mr Omesh Jagarnath email@example.com
Westville Library: Mr Sipho Khumalo firstname.lastname@example.org
Edgewood Library: Mrs Sushiela Naidoo email@example.com
Medical Library: Ms Praba Naidoo firstname.lastname@example.org
Pmb Library: Mrs Celeste Johns email@example.com
- BOOKING FOR COLLECTION or POSTAGE OF HARD COPY DEGREE / DIPLOMA CERTIFICATES
To access the Graduation Certificate Booking System for collection or posting of your hard copy Degree / Diploma Certificate, please click on the following link: https://gradcertbooking.ukzn.ac.za/ or copy and paste this link into your internet browser (preferably Chrome).
This is the only link to access the booking system. The official UKZN Graduation Certificate Booking System is offered without cost to every 2022 UKZN graduate.
The UKZN Graduation Certificate Booking System allows eligible graduates to select the following options:
- to personally COLLECT their certificate(s) on the Westville Campus (collection point will be recorded on the access letter email after successfully completing your booking); OR have a family member / friend to collect their certificate(s) as per the access permit email /letter details; OR to source and pay for a reputable COURIER company to collect their certificate(s) (at cost to graduate) on the collection date as confirmed via the booking system
- to have their certificate POSTED by registered mail (at no cost to the graduate);
For assistance in using the Graduation Certificate Booking System, please email any of these officials: Please only send ONE email to the person named. Include ALL your details in the body of the email (your names, your student number, the degree /diploma being applied for, the Graduation ceremony that applies, your College), and your student number in the subject line of the email.
- College of Humanities:MakomaN@ukzn.ac.za
- College of Health Sciences:MakomaN@ukzn.ac.za
- College of Law & Management Studies:Naickerka@ukzn.ac.za
- College of Agriculture, Eng. and Science:Naickerka@ukzn.ac.za
Dr K Cleland
Downlod the UKZN – User Guide – eCertification below: